Image via Wikipedia
Unless something drastic happens, i won’t be writing about the Park51 mosque again. As far as i’m concerned, the whole drama was man-made (media-whipped) and fueled by fear-mongering fascists. As it is, one opportunistic nut has already taken advantage of the situation the mosque created, talking about it any more will just create more opportunities for more nuts.
I am opposed to the building of the “mosque” two blocks from Ground Zero.
I want it built on Ground Zero.
Why? Because I believe in an America that protects those who are the victims of hate and prejudice. I believe in an America that says you have the right to worship whatever God you have, wherever you want to worship. And I believe in an America that says to the world that we are a loving and generous people and if a bunch of murderers steal your religion from you and use it as their excuse to kill 3,000 souls, then I want to help you get your religion back. And I want to put it at the spot where it was stolen from you.
Thanks Sani, for sharing this.
In the local context, this paragraph attracted my attention.
7. During an economic depression or a time of war, fascists are extremely skilled at whipping up fear and hate and getting the working class to blame “the other” for their troubles. Lincoln’s enemies told poor Southern whites that he was “a Catholic.” FDR’s opponents said he was Jewish and called him “Jewsevelt.” One in five Americans now believe Obama is a Muslim and 41% of Republicans don’t believe he was born here.
I’ll bet a brass farthing against a silver dollar that’s EXACTLY what is happening in Malaysia.
BN are a bunch of fascists? Yes they are, according to Michael Moore.
- “Moore: Build Islamic center on Ground Zero” and related posts (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Eric Logan: If the ‘Mosque’ Isn’t Built, This Is No Longer America | MichaelMoore.com (michaelmoore.com)
- Ibrahim Ali – intellectually bankrupt (aizuddindanian.com)
- Najib has his blinders on (aizuddindanian.com)
- Qur’an Burnings and Manhattan Mosques (daylightatheism.org)